David Klee from Heraflux recently recorded a podcast with the SQL Server Radio group and discussed virtualization, high availability, and independent consulting topics.
We talked about:
- What’s important to know when virtualizing SQL Server
- How to properly size your VM
- What metrics to monitor when virtualizing
- When to use SQL Server High Availability features and when to use them at the virtualization side
- When NOT to virtualize
- Some of David’s most challenging projects
In addition, we talked about starting a company and the life of an independent consultant.