Heraflux is proud to announce the availability of our new training offerings! We are launching a live web-based version of our one-day SQL Server infrastructure and virtualization master class. We are hosting an all-day training session before the end of the year to help you take advantage of quiet(er) times around the holidays. Select from one of the dates that works best for you and register today!
Looking to ramp up on the infrastructure and virtualization underneath your databases? Want to learn how to work effectively with the other silos in your IT organization? This live web-based training will help take you to the next level by understanding the architecture, performance characteristics, and performance tuning opportunities of the storage, physical server hardware, virtualization hypervisor, and VM layers underneath your critical SQL Server databases.
Microsoft MVP and VMware vExpert David Klee leads this full-day introduction to getting the most out of the infrastructure underneath your SQL Server environment. The focus of the course is to help those new to the enterprise server infrastructure concepts become familiar with function and purpose of each layer of the architecture around their databases, and how this knowledge can benefit them as data professionals. Participants will gain exposure to all layers of infrastructure and virtualization underneath SQL Server, from storage all the way through to the SQL Server instance, and will learn how to review and engineer the entire stack with a strong emphasis on SQL Server performance.
The intended audience of this course is information workers (both business and IT-centric) involved with architecting an enterprise IT strategy for SQL Server.
The following topics will be addressed during the course:
- Datacenter Fundamentals
- Infrastructure Stack Fundamentals
- Storage and SAN Concepts and Design
- Networking and Interconnect Topologies
- Physical Server Technologies
- The SQL Server Virtual Machine
- High Availability and Disaster Recovery
- Performance Investigation and Tuning of the Entire Stack
Upon completion of this course, attendees will be able to:
- Understand key infrastructure concepts
- Determine the optimal infrastructure configuration for best performance
- Review their own enterprise infrastructure for performance bottlenecks
- Construct a SQL Server virtual machine template with best practices for agility and performance
- Understand how and what stack metrics to benchmark and baseline to ensure proper objective performance measurement
- Identify and remediate common infrastructure-related SQL Server performance killers
- Understand proper capacity management techniques for long term management
Attendees with the following experiences will benefit the most from this course:
- Basic familiarity with the core components of a server
- SQL Server installation and configuration
- Exposure to SQL Server performance metric measurement and identification
A working set of the screens and configuration settings referenced in the session, together with the reference slides and documentation, will be provided to attendees, for strategic reference in working with SQL Server and the infrastructure underneath in their own environments.
Seats are limited in this training offering, so register now!